SRS Rope Access Division
SRS Inspection are firmly established as leading providers of multi-disciplined Rope Access services to most industry sectors, including the upstream and downstream oil and gas industry. A member of IRATA (Industrial Rope Access Trade Association) means full involvement and continuing commitment to high levels of safety and training.
SRS provide highly skilled, experienced and motivated personnel qualified and certified in accordance with international certification schemes (e.g. PCN (EN 473/ IS0 9712), ANSI CP-189 and SNT-TC 1A) in the conventional techniques that have underpinned the NDT industry from its earliest days.
Rope Access is recognised as the safest method of working at height due to the combined effect of a high standard of training, quality equipment and reduced numbers of personnel involved in completing a task and therefore exposed to risk. Job specific risk assessments and detailed method statements alongside the guidelines of IRATA and the HSE make Rope Access the growing choice for difficult location access.
Applications for Rope Access are constantly evolving. Work is not limited by height, inclination or location and can be implemented far beyond the limitations of conventional fall arrest systems or alternative access methods.
- Inclination: Unlimited movement horizontally or vertically
- Speed: Rapid set-up and de-rigging
- Safety: Less personnel involved, eliminates risks
- High trade safety record
- Highly trained personnel independently assessed.
Small 'hand picked' teams providing efficient access and egress also, provide 'total' package of work and reports. Less men, less time.
Typical tasks deployed by Rope Access include:
- Conventional NDT – MPI, DPI, Ultrasonics, Visual Inspection, Eddy Current
- Advanced NDT - SCAR Radiography, LRUT, ACFM, TOFD, Computed RT, Corrosion Mapping, Imagescope
- Paint Inspection
- Electrical Installation and Maintenance - Using EX-Certified personnel
- Inspection of Fire and Gas Lines
- Mechanical installation & Welding Fabrication
- Coating Removal & Application
- Photographic & Video Surveys
- Insulation removal and reinstatement
- Lifting Equipment Surveys (LOLER), dropped object surveys.
Rope Access can reach virtually all locations regardless of whether the work is at height or depth.
Confined Spaces, Ships, Cliffs, Rigs, Bridges, Buildings, Towers, Dams, Tanks, Cranes, Pylons, Chimneys and Refineries.
Structural Rig Surveys are pleased to announce the achievement of recertification by DNV/UKAS to ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004...
Structural Rig Surveys SRS are pleased to announce that they have opened their Cyprus Operations base and Rope access IRATA training school in Limassol.